Investment Workshop Series: Preparation for the CIMA® Exams
Prepare for the CIMA® exams with an online and in-person workshop series.
Are you looking for a way to structure and focus your study for the Qualification Exam (QE) or Certification Exam (CE)? Do you learn best through live interaction and practice? This series will help you prepare for the CIMA® exams by combining online and in-person workshops. These sessions use the same teaching methodology that has been tested and proven highly effective in the Booth CIMA Education Program.
As an added benefit, you'll receive a $300 credit toward the tuition for the Booth CIMA® Program, April 16-21, 2018, when you sign up for the workshop series.
- Eight convenient online workshops to lay the foundation: These sessions will feature live instruction with Kathleen Fitzgerald, our CIMA content expert. You'll be able to ask questions in real time and play back all recorded online workshops at your convenience.
- Two online practice problem-solving sessions to reinforce material.
- Two-day intensive capstone session in Chicago: Featuring an engaging and interactive classroom format and the opportunity to network with peers.
- Numerous practice problems and access to an online Q&A platform.
- Outstanding faculty: Kathleen has been praised by past participants for her ability to teach the CIMA content in a way that is easy to understand and apply.
- A total of 28 hours of live instruction.
Online practice problem-solving sessions:
- January 4, 7, 11, 21, 25, 28 (7–8:30 p.m. CST)
- February 12, 15 (7–8:30 p.m. CST)
Chicago capstone session (Gleacher):
- January 14 (7–9 p.m. CST)
- February 5 (7–9 p.m. CST)
- Friday, March 2 (11:30 a.m.–6 p.m. CST)
- Saturday, March 3 (10 a.m.–4 p.m. CST)
Receive a $300 credit toward the April 16-21, 2018 Booth CIMA Education Program
450 North Cityfront Plaza Drive
Chicago, Illinois 60611
Adjunct Assistant Professor of Management
Kathleen Fitzgerald is known at the University of Chicago as a superb educator. She brings a remarkably wide array of experience as an educator and a practitioner to the classroom. She has taught courses in Investments, Corporate Finance, Financial Accounting, Money and Banking, International Finance and Financial Management. In addition to teaching the Investment Workshop Series, Kathleen also conducts all of the review sessions in the CIMA Education Program at Chicago Booth.
CIMA candidates who are preparing for the Qualification or Certification Exam. This workshop series is applicable to a wide range of financial professionals, including independent advisors, investment consultants, national and regional broker-dealer representatives, and bank/trust employees.
Online workshops will cover:
1. Time value of money and calculating returns
2. Statistics and probability
3. Portfolio math
4. Portfolio theory
5. CAPM and asset allocation
6. Performance measurement
7. Behavioral finance, technical analysis, market efficiency
8. Investment consulting process
1. Fixed Income
2. Foreign exchange
3. Options, futures, and other derivatives
4. Applied finance and economics
5. Comprehensive review and practice problems
Please note: It's possible to reserve a seat in the April 16-21, 2018 Booth CIMA Education Program before having completed the Qualification Exam requirement, so long as you pass the QE before the program starts. We recommend taking the QE before March 12 to give yourself a month to prepare for the Booth program.