A provisional grade is an early indication that you are making satisfactory progress in a course and are expected to receive a final passing grade.
· Provisional grades are administrative placeholders that satisfy the University Registrar’s grading deadline for most graduating students who do not need the course for their degree requirements.
· Provisional grades are for internal purposes only. They are not viewable by students and do NOT appear on a transcript.
· Provisional grades are replaced by the final grade, which is due 9 days after the end of the quarter.
An early final grade is a final grade for a course, issued by a Booth faculty member one week prior to the end of the quarter.
· Early final grades are only granted in exceptional cases to certain populations of students.
· Early final grades are viewable on My.UChicago.edu and on your transcript one week before the end of the quarter.
· Early grades cannot be updated following the end of the quarter.